Frequently Asked Questions
- I was injured. Do I need a lawyer?
- How much is my case worth?
- What should I do if I have been in an auto accident?
- Should I accept an insurance company’s settlement offer?
- Can my case be resolved without going to court?
You should consult a Nashville attorney if your injury was the result of someone else’s negligence.
There is no standard answer—it depends on the details of your case. Damages are determined by the type of injury and the level of negligence involved.
If you have been involved in a car accident, you should take some immediate steps to protect your rights, such as—
- Contact the police
- Seek medical attention
- Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of the other drivers, vehicle owners, and potential witnesses involved
- Obtain insurance policy information from the other drivers involved
- Take photographs of the accident scene, such as the road conditions, position of the cars, damage to your vehicle, and any weather and lighting conditions
- Notify your insurance company of the accident, particularly if there was significant property damage or you had to seek medical attention
While it might be tempting to accept a settlement, you should first seek the advice of an experienced personal injury attorney who is familiar with insurance company strategies and tactics. Your attorney knows that insurance adjusters work to settle your claim for the least amount of money possible and works to maximize your settlement for your current and future expenses.
Often, injury claims settle for their full value through alternative resolution methods, including negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, all of which occur outside the court system. These methods can save you time and money. Whether this can work for you depends on your specific case and its complexity as well as the insurance company’s willingness to settle. Be sure to seek legal counsel experienced in personal injury litigation.
Contact Parker & Crofford today
The legal team at Nashville’s Parker & Crofford has been fighting on behalf of personal injury victims since 1986. They can do the same for you. Contact Parker & Crofford today.